the dream

the dream

Monday, April 7, 2014

One Step Closer


Busy busy week....Big decisions, exciting steps and soooo much kitchen time, I don't think I stopped all week.
 
 
So.. I registered Three Red Aprons and it is an actual registered business now! And starting Victoria Day weekend I will be spending my Sundays at the Bath Farmer's Market.  I will be bringing out a selection of pies, loaves, scones, jams, salsas, fudge, cookies and maybe some bath fizzies , soap and candles... and so today I made apple butter and some dill carrots. Tomorrow is mango salsa and maybe jam and likely marmalade.  I'm also starting to make a collection of bananas for all the banana bread I'll be making.

Oh my heck I'm exhausted right now.  I made some cool things this week too.  Homemade ricotta cheese..whoda thunk it? So easy and delicious!  Homemade ketchup in order to make homemade whiskey bbq sauce. And pancetta... well I           started it anyway,              because  I have  to leave it to cure for the next 3 weeks in the fridge.  But after that I can't wait!
 
Ricotta
Used the ricotta in a stuffed chicken breast dish... turned out pretty good.  Used it in some mashed potatoes too...wow that was sooooo good!!  Just made a second batch...thinking pasta, and a really yummy looking ricotta scone recipe! There are simply not enough hours in a day for all the recipes I'd love to try! Can't wait to get my hands on some Junket/rennet tablets so I can try my hand at homemade mozzarella.... that will be amazing!

Had a job interview... was hoping I'd have heard back by now, but no such luck. It would be perfect, at 3 days a week, which would still allow lots of time for cooking and prepping for the farmers market and who knows, maybe even seeing if I can get my stuff into some local independent shops that carry locally made stuff.  It's all a start in getting Three Red Aprons out there right? Then when I do get the funding to start the shop up, there will be some brand recognition.  Every little bit helps!!



So glad the weather is starting to get warmer.  Cannot wait to get things planted in the garden and for the selection of fresh produce at market.  Fresh always tastes so much better and my mind just races over all the fresh ideas that I can try out.  And the bbq!  oh to be able to grill again.... fresh grilled steak! Yummy!!
 
As always, don't forget about my crowdfunding project page:
if you'd like to contribute, you would have my heartfelt thanks!!
 
Hugs and Cookies!!
Brenda
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment